The Institute for Silence Research and Sensory Theatre Sofia announce an open call for researchers silenauts to take part in the Summer Residence of the Institute – The Island of the Silenauts, which will take place as part of Beglika Fest 2019.
“The Island of the Silenauts – A Midsummer Night’s Dream” is an interactive performance in a natural setting which is created with the methods of the sensory theatre labyrinth and features elements of other arts as well: performance, music, and dance.
The performance will take place on the big island inside the Goliam Beglik Dam in the Rhodope Mountains and aims to expand and deepen the research of the silenauts team from the previous 4 years, incorporating completely new elements:
– the performances will take place at night for the first time (the beginning will be at 19:00), coinciding with the August Full Moon
– moreover, this year the team will live and work on the island during the whole period of preparation and performances.
The people who wish to join the silenauts team must:
– have a research spirit, willingness to enter into the unknown,
and a desire to communicate and create in a space beyond words
– have the ability to live and work in silence, darkness and natural environment
– possess readiness to step outside their comfort zone and to be involved in honest human encounters with strangers.
The participation is required from August 10th to 18th, 2019 and it is necessary for the chosen participants to be present from the beginning till the end.
The research and creative process will end with a performance that will be presented to the audience on 15, 16 and 17 August.
Participation in the project is voluntary and the participants will receive free training in the sensory theater method, led by the artistic director of the Sensory Theatre Sofia – Mihail Dimov, who has more than 20 realized sensory performances in the country and abroad.
The participants’ food will be provided by the project.
To apply, send a short presentation of yourself and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st August 2019.
The experience is magical, and this year it will be even more exciting under the light of the full moon.